Updated: Aug 31, 2020
“I never knew of a morning in Africa I woke up and was not happy.” -ernest hemingway
Become a part of the efforts on the ground. Join us for a wild adventure in untouched wilderness areas of the Royal Kafue National Park in Zambia or come on unforgettable rides, patrolling fences, looking for snares and experiencing the Big 5 from the saddle or roam the fynbos, monitoring rhinos as part of a conservation projects while supporting the boots on the ground.
Kafue Eco Ventures
“I hope you have an experience that alters the course of your life, because after Africa, nothing has been the same…”
– suzanne evans
Our mission is to unite everyone who is wanting to make a difference in Africa, in conservation, wildlife, and community endeavours.
We are looking for travelers with a purpose. Are you passionate about wildlife? Do you want to make a difference? Are you interested in helping local communities?
Then Zambia is the right place for you…
Here are 10 reasons why you should get in the Land Cruiser with us:
1. Make a difference With supporting our conservation efforts hands on.
2. Become part of the community Get a rare insight in everyday life of the Kaindu community
3. Become a wildlife warrior While going on patrol with our Anti Poaching Rangers
4. Be part of a team Enjoy the team spirit you will have with like minded people of all walks of life
5. Be about everything wild, endless skies and sleeping under the stars
6. Feel your heart beat when standing face to face with our gentle giants
7. Connect With nature
8. Feel the wild spirit that is Africa
9. Experience An adventure of a lifetime with every sunrise & sunset
10. Safari In Swahili the word “Safari” means “Journey” Join us on a journey under blue skies and bright stars. Sit with us around the campfire. Listen with us to the song of the bushveld. Learn with us. Be part of the wild.
What will your adventure look like?
You will have a “Boots on the Ground” experience.
Assist ongoing research
Fish and bird species identification
Monitor animal habitats, behavior and lifecycles
Mapping of unexplored land on the conservancy
Data collection of flora and fauna
Design and build of community projects and infrastructures
Shadowing anti poaching scouts, removing snares and offering logistical support
Tracking wildlife with Kaindu trackers
Delving into community life and learning to cook local Kaindu cuisine
Assisting in the kitchen, around the camp and general tasks
For the adventurer in you: hiking in the wild unchartered land, discovering mountains, exploring caves
Working with the local Kaindu community offering educational wildlife programs
Helping find solutions to human-wildlife conflict within the local community
Exploring the pristine Kafue river, teaming with croc and hippo, a beautiful hot spring, bird watching and fishing
Sleeping out in the wild in fly camps
Checking of camera traps OR
Learn basic photography tricks in the wild
Become part of a conservation photography team
Shadow the rangers with your camera while experiencing real wildlife protection
Get out there and take real time conservation photos
Sleep out in the wild in fly camps and watch the endless African starlit skies through your lens
Get out there with the local community and capture every day life
Get the shot of the day on your sightings of Africa's amazing wildlife
We are barefoot luxury. We are pure African spirit. We are the wild. We are sleeping under the stars.
Due to the pandemic we are still working out affordable packages for the wanderluster, the wilderness lover and the adventurous photographer looking for the extraordinary. But you are more than welcome to contact us, as we are more than happy to give you any information we already have.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.kafue-eco-ventures.com
In collaboration with Kafue Eco Ventures
Horse Safari Assistance Program Riding for Wildlife “Be the change you wish to see in this world”
We are about everything wild, endless skies, campfires & sleeping under the stars.
Here are 10 reasons why you should get on the horse with us:
1. Become a “treehugger” No diesel fumes or loud engine noise. Move silently through the bush, getting glimpses of everything wild.
2. Become a wildlife warrior Help us protect everything wild, small and big on fence & snare patrols.
3. Get a taste of freedom
4. Partner horse Spend an unforgettable time on your horse’s back
5. Feel alive While you feel the warm wind on your face
6. Collect memories Of starlit skies, hyena calls & lion roars, of the world between a horse’s ears
7. Connect With nature
8. Experience An adventure of a lifetime with every sunrise & sunset
9. Interact With the wildlife that sees you as one of their own
10. Safari In Swahili the word “Safari” means “Journey” Join us on a journey under blue skies and bright sunny skies on horseback. Sit with us around the campfire. Listen with us to the song of the hyenas and the roar of lions. Learn with us. Be part of the wild.
What will your adventure look like?
Assist in daily care of horses,
taking care of equipment,
doing ground work with the horses,
assist with Safaris,
riding, riding and some more riding,
camping out with the horses
assist in Anti-poaching exercises such as snare sweeps on horseback, fence patrols on horseback and night drives, especially during full moon, checking on the rhinos
We are for wilderness. We are wild at heart. And we love sleeping under the stars.
We are at our new location on a Big 5 reserve, close to the Kruger National Park. You will have to bring lots of riding experience, be adventurous, love wild and lonely places and be ready to mingle with all the characters from the Lion King. Due to the pandemic we are still working out affordable packages for the wanderluster, the wilderness lover and the adventurous photographer looking for the extraordinary. But you are more than welcome to contact us, as we are more than happy to give you any information we already have.
For more information: email@example.com In Partnership with:
“It was a such an amazing experience to ride off the beaten paths, monitoring the magnificent rhino up close and reminiscing about the day around the fire at night. The most memorable part is our ride out into the bush and overnighting in the wilderness!” -susanne
“The warm hospitality I received from host Tamlyn and her team was second to none! The horses were exceptionally managed and a joy to be around. An unforgettable experience in the South African bush!” -mary
“My time with Tamlyn and the horses was indescribable. Such an intense experience so close to nature and wildlife! I’ ll be back!” -saskia